'I'm sorry but I have to go': Mum-of-four's heartbreaking note to boyfriend before throwing herself under train

Tags

Advertisement!

A mother of four threw herself under a train just hours after she wished her boyfriend a happy 50th birthday.

Charlotte Cash, 35, kissed Andrew Tollitt goodbye as he headed out for work after opening up his birthday cards.

But later that afternoon, Miss Cash left a heart-rending suicide note before heading to a railway station near her home in Wigan, Greater Manchester.

As the London-bound train pulled into the platform she emerged suddenly from a crowd of commuters, which included Olympic athlete Jenny Meadows, and jumped into it's path - giving the driver no chance to avoiding her.

The note, which was addressed to Mr Tollitt, read: "I'm sorry for this but I have to go. Been feeling this for weeks. I love you so much and the kids. Look after them. Love you forever. I feel like scum. Been put down so much."

Text GMB To 33353 For SMS Updates MTN Only

Download GMB ANDROID APP GMB IPHONE APP
EmoticonEmoticon